Saturday, 6 February 2010

GENC3003 Week 5 Journal

Now, I am still a student in university, doing bachelor of architectural studies. I imagined that I can become a famous architect. But my father told me, “sometime dream is a dream, you can achieve your dream, but you need to make a lot of efforts.” I have interested in architecture since I was 14 years old. I promised to my father, “I will do it! I will do it best!” He said, “Don’t say it easy. It is not like that.” I answered confidently, “No worries, I will insist.” However, I am quite confused about it, not because I am not good at it, but because I want to make money, make more money, do my own business. Maybe I was too impulsive at that moment, maybe I still love architecture at this time, but actually my mind has been changed, has been affected by a number of things that I met, heard, experienced. I think I will take much more factors into consideration than before, because I have to grow to recognize the society, face the society, and know some rules about this society. I am still thinking what kind of business that I can run, what aspect that I am familiar with. Part 3-Unit 9 mentioned that the first tip to investment is to invest in what I understand. It is very necessary to understand what I will run, how does the company generate profit, what is the past financial performance. Running a business is not that easy, which need to do a great number of jobs to research, consideration, and emergency solutions. Additionally, a key understanding is the fact that return equals risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment